Certified Key Account Executive® (CKAE
Cooperatives have a history of providing members service that sets the industry standard. At the same time, cooperatives often neglect to leverage their combined technical expertise and member relationships as a deliberate business approach. The CKAE® course provides you with the tools and hands-on learning needed to manage a program that targets the strategic and operational concerns of their key accounts. Participants will be challenged to practice and integrate concepts for:
• Selecting and prioritizing members
All CKAE® requirements must be completed within 12 months from the date you pass the CKAE® Exam.
• Identifying critical data and strategic challenges
• Developing key account profiles
• Economic analysis
• Managing the process of change for your members
• Proactively researching and developing relationship opportunities
Certification is provided to those who complete the course, pass an online exam, and submit and pass a Key Account Business Plan and a Member Engagement Strategy for your cooperative after the program ends.
The CKAE® Certificate is earned by completion of the following requirements:
• 677 Certified Key Account Executive (CKAE®) four-day course
• Pass the online CKAE® Examination. (Candidates must achieve at least 80 percent on the exam)
• Submit and pass a Key Account Business Plan and a Member Engagement Strategy for your cooperative